Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, February 06, 2005
Some People Are Pathetic
In my previous post I mentioned a glitch that a couple of friends and I had seen on upcoming Disney DVD covers. One of the places I go for information on Disney DVDs is a great site called Ultimate Disney.com that has upcoming release schedules and reviews of new Disney DVDs, so I went into that site's "Forums" and posted a message about this mistake and asked if there was some way to contact the folks at Disney.

This afternoon I received two e-mails from them. One, to my astonishment, was very rude with sexual and scatological references and making a reference to 2008 (a Bush-related reference, perhaps?), but the other was very polite, saying that the forums were being shut down, perhaps not to reopen, and wished everyone a Happy Super Bowl Sunday.

Well, puzzled, I went to the site and clicked on the forums. Sure enough, all of them were gone, except for the trade forum. I entered that forum and found the subject lines scattered with...again...sexual and scatological references. Looking at a couple of old messages, they were liberally scattered with these same references. Obviously, the entire forum portion of the site had been hacked.

How pathetic. This loser has enough intelligence to hack into a site and what does he do with his brains? Scatter profanities all over a site adults and kids enjoyed, like he's some ignorant 12-year-old spray painting dirty words on the side of the school building. What a waste.