Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, February 07, 2005
Monday Madness

1. How many clocks (not watches) are in your home? How many of them are digital? How many do you really look at during the day?

Good...God. I've never counted. If you count the clocks on the computers and the phones and the PDAs...there are ten at least in the den alone. Those mentioned are all digital. The watches and the clock on the wall aren't. Four clocks in the kitchen (one analog). One analog clock in the library (a digital one also if the stereo is on). One digital and one analog in the spare room. Digital in the bedroom. And I guessJames has a clock in his hobby room.

2. How many lamps (non-overhead lights) do you have in your home? What's your average wattage? Are any of them energy saver bulbs?

No to the last. The only energy-saver bulbs I see are fluorescent. I won't have the things in my home (actually, James has one in his hobby room, but I don't have to use it). The ones at work give me enough headaches. Lamps: four in the den, I think, two forties over the desks and three-ways in the other. The lamps in the bedrooms are forties. Don't know about the lamps in James' hobby room. Two lamps in the library: a three-way (30-70-100 like the ones in the den) and a 40 (replaced by a 75 if we have a party). Oh, and there's "Willow's" light, a little candle lamp, and a candle lamp in the library that goes on at dusk.

3. How many house plants do you have in your home? How many need more attention than you give them?

None. I kill them through ignorance so I don't keep them.

4. How many photos/pictures/drawings/child's art are on your walls? How many from each of the four categories?

No children. Don't have any pictures of the fids on the walls, either. Have some at work of Bandit and Leia.

5. About how many electric gadgets are in your kitchen? How many are used on a daily basis? How many are used occasionally? How many have been used once and stashed? How many have never been used?

Does the microwave count as a gadget? We have two at the moment. James has a tea maker. And there's one of those small hand-sized food processors. We have an electric carving knife put up somewhere, but I think we've used it once. That's about it.