Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.
Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net
. . . . .
. . . . .
» Friday, February 04, 2005
The Friday Five
1. How old were you when you got your drivers license?
Sixteen on the button. My mom made me get a learner's permit the moment I was old enough. She'd never learned to drive and wanted to make sure I did.
2. Did you get your own car right away, use the family car, or bum rides from friends?
I was supposed to get my own car before I went to college, but then I had surgery the last quarter of my senior year. My dad bought the car so I wouldn't have to walk the mile and a half when I finally went back to school.
3. What was your first car and what was it like?
A red 1970 Toyota Corolla. We hated each other's guts. Literally. The darn thing only drove well for my father.
4. How old were you when you got your first traffic ticket and what happened?
I didn't get my first ticket until I was 28, in Forsyth, Georgia. I was doing 72 in a 65 mph zone. That was bizarre. I didn't know my Chevette could do 72.
5. What is your favorite car story, be it an accident, road trip, etc?
Don't want to tell any accident stories. I don't really have a favorite car story, just favorite cars.