Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, February 24, 2005
DVD Transfer Diary
Last night I popped "Secrets of the Wild Parakeet" at the end of the DVD with "Ballad of the Irish Horse" and "Those Wonderful Dogs." Still can't watch the scenes where a snake eats the baby budgie and an eagle eats an adult bird. (Know it happens and don't begrudge the predators; just don't want to look...)

I also transferred off The Thanksgiving Treasure. Wish Disney Channel had shown the uncut copy; there's an entire line bleeped out because James Mills says the word "damn" --it's not much of a loss, but the cut is abrupt and I hate it. In House Without a Christmas Tree, there is also a "damn" used, but they just bleeped it instead of cutting the entire sentence. (But, boy, it makes you appreciate the old Disney Channel--no interruptions, no logos, no pop-ups, no "Toon Disney" twaddle.)

It's taking more time to do these things because (1) I have a lot of things scattered--all my Ronn Lucas material, for example, was on ten different tapes and (2) I'm trying to stick to themes (which is a bit silly, since I'm not doing that with the movies I'm recording "live"--I put Lili with Five Weeks in a Balloon, for instance). I had 45 minutes after finishing Treasure, so popped on the only other fall-themed story I had, the For Better or For Worse Halloween story, "The Good for Nothing."