Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, February 21, 2005
Dub-grims's Progress
(I formally slap myself with a trout for that title.)

Got all my Ronn Lucas stuff together yesterday--except for the Merv Griffin Show appearance, which again was not entered into my index properly--and transferred it all to DVD except for Who's in Charge Here? from the Disney Channel (just in case I find that Griffin bit somewhere). If you've never seen Ronn Lucas, "the Voice Wizard," in performance, and you get a chance--definitely do it. He is utterly hilarious.

Check out Ronn's official site and, even better, Ronn's fan site to learn more about him.

Last night I was able to do two of the three parts of America: The Way We Were--The Homefront. This was a Reader's Digest presentation from the late 1980s and comes off very much like a video scrapbook of World War II. It's of further interest because it tells you something about pre-war lifestyles as well.

Right now I'm trying to get a good copy of The Gathering, the Ed Asner/Maureen Stapleton Christmas movie from 1977. Why on earth this movie is not out on DVD--even a cheap DVD with no extras on it--is someplace beyond my ken entirely. It won all sorts of awards, including, I believe, a George Foster Peabody Award, and is everything a Christmas movie should be without being a morass of sticky sentiment. I've had to start a second copy because the tracking went off on the first; it was still viewable, but if I'm gonna do these things, I need to do them right. Of course that means I won't be able to do much else this afternoon, but--