Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, February 24, 2005
Botheration...
...just heard from my mom--the one night I don't call her first she needs me to call.

Someone swiped her car out of the driveway last night.* They tried to get the car from the house next door first; it wouldn't start and hers was parked out front (she comes out the front door these days rather than the back because it's easier). They broke a window and apparently ran it over some curbs as there seems to be both front and rear suspension damage. Probably teenagers joyriding, the cop told her when they found it--the radio was turned up as high as it could go.

So she's been saving her money for new teeth and now she probably needs another car.

And what bothers me more than the car is that these idiots could have been looking for a house to rob.

--------------------
* Do you know how damn ironic and infuriating this is? Our neighborhood used to be so safe that in the summertime we went to bed with the doors wide open to catch the breeze. When I was a kid we never even bothered to lock the doors if we went next door or even down the block to the superette for milk.