Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, January 13, 2005
The Wrong Scent
While I was taking down decorations on Tuesday, the dog started barking furiously at a knock on the front door. It was the neighbor lady from next door. She told me she thought she had been smelling gas for a while, but it was hard to tell in our neighborhood, where someone always seems to be running a smelly old car engine that overlays all other scents. But yesterday it was clear and she could make out the scent and called the gas company.

Well, apparently there was a leak at our gas meter! The gas man sprayed something on the leak that sealed it, and she told him she would let me know he came out. I thought I'd been smelling gas, too, but James always said he didn't smell anything (I'm always driving him batty asking him if he can detect a peculiar odor) and sometimes it was hard to tell over the odor of the cat urine from the feral cats that wander around.

Funny that...wonder how it happened.