Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, January 10, 2005
Wiped Out With a Capital W
We finished up our "blazing social season" with our usual Twelfth Night party on Saturday (technically it was "Fifteenth Night," but who cared?). I can see we're going to have to radically change the party menu again; we bought less "junk food" this year and still the chips were mostly ignored in favor of the hot foods. So next year minimal chips and crackers, maybe Bagel Bites to go along with the taquitos and egg rolls.

I was operating at "about 50 mph" all week on less than five hours sleep a night and after the last party guest had gone home and James and I had put up the perishables, I crashed and burned. I fell asleep on the sofa from after eleven to one and then crawled upstairs, showered, and slept until 10:30 (and then only got up because I wanted to be able to sleep last night) and was groggy all day yesterday.

And I still haven't done the work of getting the decorations down yet...I'm looking forward to seeing how the table will look with its winter decorations.

Maybe now at some point we can get the entertainment center moved out and the new DVD recorder hitched up.