Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, January 30, 2005
The Thaw (not like "The Larch")
Was awakened by what sounded like hail or pebbles hitting the window. It's the trees in the back yard thawing; ice falling off and striking the still half-frozen ground or the roof or the sidings with a decided "pop!" Looked out the front window to find James deicing the cars with a wooden spoon (so not to hurt the paint). He said that my icebound car was easiest: it's all curves and the moment you had an end up it all came up.

My nose is still stuffed and my eyes running. On the small chance that this is something allergy-related (my temperature has been 97.0°F for three days now) I washed my hair (I didn't do it previously because I didn't know if I were sick and it was very cold) and, since I was wet anyway, washed the dog as well. I'm changing the bed, too, and airing the room yet again.

Later when my hair is dry we'll go out to get a paper and I'll get the same thing the doctor prescribed last year when I had this crud: Mucinex. I see they're doing commercials for it now, with another one of those gravelly-voiced cartoon characters that are popular lately.