Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, January 31, 2005
Monday Madness

DVD's

1. Are you more likely to rent or buy DVD's (VHS's)? Why?


Buy. Since I only buy things I like or think I will like.

2. If you rent DVD's, do you bother viewing the 'Behind the Scenes' or watching the entire movie again with commentary on?

If I rented a DVD I would want to watch the entire thing. That said, we haven't listened to any of the LOTR commentaries yet. I understand they are excellent but don't know if I could do it. The other extras are wonderful.

3. Do you think these features warrant the extra cost for DVD? (Afterall, we were able to buy new release VHS for $9.99 prior to DVD).

I like to have extras on a DVD, but I don't think DVDs cost more because of extras! Heck, new CDs cost more than most DVDs and I rather resent it. If the musicians were making a good profit it would be different, but it's the record companies who are cleaning up. I buy DVDs because (a) most are letterboxed in comparison to video and (b) the DVD is a more permanent format than videotape. I'm dubbing my VHS tapes to DVD right now because the tapes are starting to degrade.

4. What's your favorite DVD (or VHS) in:
*Drama
In straight drama, just what I have on DVD? Airport
*Comedy Cheaper by the Dozen (the real version, not the Steve Martin thing)
*Action The Hunt for Red October
*Suspense/Thriller Um...Patriot Games?
*Horror Don't do those drugs.