Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, January 19, 2005
Computer Followup
Some things straightened out: the speaker jack was in properly, but when I turned it a couple of times to the left and right suddenly the right speaker began working again. Not hitting a contact, I guess.

James researched buffer underruns--it was what we both suspected. I tried another burn, this time at half the speed (4X instead of 8X) and shut Norton down as James reminded me it was a memory hog.

If Victor goes belly-up, it looks as if I have the important things off: my mailboxes, my WordPerfect Work directory, my collected web graphics, my fonts, etc. (Drat. I don't have the fonts in Windows. The ones that actually stay in Windows all the time are the ones I use on the website: Galleria for the Nostalgia site, Balloon for the Lassie site, etc. Need to make sure they're all copied back as well.)

I do have to make a disk of some .mp3 Christmas songs from long out of print albums.