Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, January 13, 2005
The Back Porch- Thursday Threesome

::The Phantom of the Opera::

Onesome: The Phantom-- Pick one (or more!): Hey, have you seen it yet? Are you going to go see it? Have you seen it on stage? Read the book? What Phantom?

Um, the last. I sort of know who the Phantom of the Opera is and I've seen pictures of Lon Chaney Jr. and I've probably heard music from the Andrew Lloyd Webber play but didn't know it, but no, I've never seen or read the story in any form. Maybe when the movie turns up on HBO I'll watch it and be enthralled. But for now I have other things I'm interested in much more.

Twosome: of the-- Of the sights and sounds and smells of Spring what are you waiting for the most? ...and what is the first sign in your area that Spring is on its way?

The one sight of Spring I ever enjoyed I won't get to see: there are no lilacs down here. There isn't enough of a cold season in winter for them to thrive in the spring. I don't see why I should be waiting for Spring anyway. Not only does Spring mean another loathesome Summer is on its way, everything blooming makes me sneeze and sniffle. We've had a warm spell for the past two weeks and my sinuses are aching and so are my joints, just like they do in the Spring. Everything looks heavenly, but puts you through hell...

Threesome: Opera-- Theatre? Stage? Local shows? Do you get a chance to visit any of these venues? Any recommendations on current items?

We don't go to the theatre as often as we could. The Fox presents nice plays during the touring season, but the only one we went to see was Scarlet Pimpernel because Carolee Carmello was in it and we had planned to meet her backstage. We saw Say Goodnight Gracie on Broadway last year and it was fabulous.