Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, December 13, 2004
Monday Madness

1. From Mel... Do you have a favorite 80's song?

Don't laugh..."Him." Not just because Rupert is a friend of mine, but because it reminds me of Sundays driving out to South County (Galilee, Sand Hill Cove, Scarborough) on Tower Hill Road with the windows open and the breeze blowing in my face and being with Mom and Dad.

2. From Luzja... What's the biggest event in your life to date?

Hm. It's a tie between getting married and buying a house.

3. From Amy... What's one more thing during your lifetime you would like to learn how to do well?

Would like to? I should learn to swim, but I'm still too afraid of having no footing.

4. From Susan... what is your earliest childhood memory?

I was about two or three and we were about to go out somewhere. It was a warm day because the car windows were open. We were still parked in the driveway and of course there were no seatbelts back then. I leaned so far out the window I fell on my head on the concrete driveway. I remember that. I don't remember the doctor or having to go to Boston to the doctor to make sure I was okay.

5. From LDH... What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

42.

6. From Beverly and Rosie... Where, When and What is your most favorite memory?

Oh, gosh, I can't pick one. One of them would have to be having Christmas at my Papa's with all the relatives and playing Pokeno around the big old table in the basement and eating goodies like macaroni and lasagna along with the turkey.

But then there were those Sunday with James making biscuits and Bandit sitting on my shoulder...

7. From Shirl...Do you fit in?

Naw, never did. Didn't bother me most of the time; didn't want to be a mundane. But when I did I felt a lot like young Scrooge's song in Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol: "A hand for each hand was planned for the world; why don't my fingers reach?"

8. From Sherle... Tell me your favorite recipe then go to Recipe Swap and share it with all of us!

My favorite recipe is my mom's wine biscuits here.