Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, December 06, 2004
Catch Up Time #1
Monday Madness

• This week's:

1. From Briar... and Sherle... What's your favorite TV show and why?

I don't have a favorite TV show right now. I may start watching House, though. I liked what I saw last week.

2. From WickedSway... What's your sign?

Sagittarius.

3. From Beth... Why is common sense so uncommon?

Oh, there's an IMHO for you. Probably because people want things too quickly. They don't stop to think before they do.

4. From Bug... What are 5 (or 10) great things about your life partner?

He puts up with me! He cooks. He has a good sense of humor. He gets along with my mother. He reads. He doesn't like sports.

5. From Elena... Why do you blog? Are you a writer at heart? Is it a passion? Or because it's en vogue?

Don't follow "vogues." I've been writing since I could set pen to paper. It's as natural as breathing. (Heck, when my allergy's bothering me, writing is easier than breathing...)

6. From Lady Starlight... How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

42.

7. From tmk... Fiction or nonfiction?

These days nonfiction.

8. From Moody... If you were an animal, which animal would you like to be, and why?

Lassie. I'd be kind, gentle, and help everyone all the time. :-)

• Last week's:

1. How did you choose a name for your blog?

It seemed everyone was blogging, but I didn't have a particular theme. Since I always have kept a journal anyway, this was "yet another journal." "Holiday Harbour" was a holiday refuge. "Cozy Nook"--well, doesn't everyone want a cozy nook to read in?

2. How many times have you changed the name of your blog?

Never.

3. How many blogs to you update regularly?

Three.

4. How many times have you moved in your life?

Seven.

5. On a scale of 1-10, how stressful is moving (in your opinion)?

42. :-)

6. When moving, do you/would you rent a moving van/truck?

Yes. And have had the help of wonderful friends. They deserve all the credit. THANK YOU.

7. Do you wear glasses? If so, how old were you when you needed them?

Yes. Ten. My best friend snitched on me; she told my mother that I couldn't see the blackboard.

8. What one question would you hope someone running a meme, would ask?

I can't think of a one. Why do you ask this on a Monday. (Never mind, why do you ask this on a work day?)

• Thanksgiving week:

1. What is your favorite sport?

Dog agility trials. (Team sports? I don't do team sports.)

2. Do you watch sports on television?

Just dog agility trials, "bench" shows, and horse jumping.

3. In high school, did you (or do you) play any sports?

Play them? I couldn't even figure out where I was supposed to throw the ball when we played softball in gym class. The only games I liked were dodge ball and tag and those were considered babyish after second grade.

4. Any favorite teams?

The Clydesdales that pull the Budweiser wagon. :-)

5. If applicable, did you (or do you) attend your child's games?

It's not, but if I had a sports-minded child of course I would attend his/her games. I'd want to support them.

6. Do you think professional athletes make too much money?

Damn right. Let them go out and get an honest job. (This of course leaves being a politician out...)