Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, November 02, 2004
Tuesday Twosome

Election...

1. When did you register to vote and what compelled you to do so?


I have been registered to vote ever since I was old enough to vote. When I was growing up the voting age was 21. I would have turned 21 a month after the 1976 election. I didn't think that was fair and was glad when the voting age was lowered to eighteen. Voting is a privilege, even when those who are running aren't always the best people for the job. Everyone who can vote should vote.

2. Did you vote early (if your state offers this) or are you voting on election day?

I tried, but the line was too long and I wasn't up to it. Going early this morning was really the best choice.

3. Do you truly believe your vote counts or are you not convinced that "every vote counts"?

Oh, I'm sure every vote counts. Look what happened in 2000.

4. Did you make up your mind about what candidate to vote for a while back or within the last two weeks?

I've pretty much known for a while now.

5. Compared to your parents' views, are you voting the same as or different from them?

Differently, but then the times have changed. My parents believed their political party truly represented them as Americans of their social class. I don't believe it does any longer.