Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, November 04, 2004
Thursday Threesome

Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day::

Onesome: Winnie the Pooh-- What was your favorite book series as a kid? Was there one you tried to find the complete set to read? ...or maybe just one book you remember well?

My favorite book series as a kid was probably the Bobbsey Twins, but I didn't get to read more than eight or nine of them because they were expensive. My favorites of the series were actually the three original versions (where the Bobbseys had a horse and carriage instead of a station wagon) that were republished by Whitman. (I later collected these old volumes, at least up to the ones published in 1930. I couldn't stand when they began using Dinah as comic relief.) I also read Donna Parker, but I preferred animal books. In those my favorite series was probably the Windy Foot books, and also Silver Chief, Dog of the North and its sequels.

Twosome: and the-- holidays are just around the corner? Are you ready for things? ...or are you too immersed in life to even think about it?

I'm always ready for the holidays, but this year I'm more ready for vacation. But I need to get my car back first!

Threesome: Blustery Day-- Hey, what do you like to do on a stormy day when you're not working or in school? Do you curl up with a book? Watch TV? Bake? How do you pass the time when you don't feel like going "out in it"?

Oh, read, definitely, or watch a favorite movie. Stormy days are great for watching Turner Classic Movies, too! There's always housework to do, too.