Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, November 18, 2004
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: No one-...to talk to? Nah, who is it you look forward to seeing at one of the holidays just to be able to sit around and chat with? Sure, even someone you see during the rest of the year!

Depends on where I am for the holidays. If it's here, it's the annual Thanksgiving at Pat and Alex's. A good chance to talk to all those folks from "the other side of town." (Don't laugh--Atlanta is so sprawled out and the traffic is so bad that it's a major chore to get from one side of town to the other; on bad days it can take two to three hours to go the 30-50 miles.)

Twosome: diets- Have you ever tried one of the "fad" diets out there? Yes, I include Atkins in this category! How did it work for you? Would you do it again or try another one?

No, just the garden variety 1200-calorie-per-day ones. Atkins sounds very appealing because I loathe vegetables except for salad greens and veggies and raw peas (but of course you're supposed to eat veggies on Atkins, too). But I love bread and rice too much. I could live without potatoes and corn, but bread and rice...oh, my. A well done loaf of fresh Italian bread is even better than chocolate sometimes.

Threesome: on Thanksgiving- What's your favorite dish? Would you be happy just pigging out on turkey, or do you need all the fixings? Does the pumpkin pie make the meal or do you prefer Mom's green bean casserole?

Drumsticks!!!! And wings and thighs, but mostly drumsticks. With gravy is tastier, but I'll take without. Hopefully I'll get some squash pie when we're on vacation.