Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, November 15, 2004
Monday Madness

1. bar soap or shower gel

Bar soap. You have to keep pumping and pumping the gel container for enough gel.

2. cd's or cassettes

CDs unless what I want isn't on them. I have a bunch of European Christmas albums that never made it to CD.

3. television movies or documentaries

Even though documentaries are often slanted to one cause or the other, I'd rather watch that than a TV movie based on a historical event. These dips of movie producers seem to think you have to toss dramatic scenes that never happened and a sex scene or two in to "keep it interesting."

4. wall calendar or desk calendar

Wall.

5. dsl, cable, or dial-up

Dial-up: been there, done that, DSL is superior. Don't want cable--don't want them yammering about getting their TV service.

6. summer or winter

Winter, winter, winter. Summer is just three months of sweaty misery.

7. city or country

I guess to live on a small income, country. I always thought it would be fun to live in a big city like New York, but only if I had the income for it.

8. camping or stay in a hotel

Don't like insects, so camping is out. Besides, James has to sleep with a C-PAP machine. He has to have electricity. I guess one could drag a generator along, but all those I've seen are noisy and noisome.

9. gold or silver

Gold.

10. fiction or non-fiction books

Both, so long as the narrative is interesting!

11. mashed potatoes or baked potatoes

Baked, with lots of margarine.

12. ranch, italian, or catalina dressing

Italian, even if it does give me indigestion.

13. solid or spray deodorant

Solid. I don't like the odor of the sprays.