Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, October 28, 2004
Thursday Threesome

::Rolltop Desk::

Onesome: Roll-- On a roll lately? What have you been up to where things just keep falling into place (maybe you're a Red Sox fan)? Yeah, what's working (even if it's just the TV)?

Actually even the TV needs looking at: if you slam the door the picture gets fuzzy and you need to nudge it to make it clear up. We think it's the tuner because the component and video feeds are flawless. As for other things, hell, no. My mom's cancer is advancing. The house needs several big repairs we can't afford. Even the minor things are depressing: here's the glorious autumn I was planning to enjoy with my sunroof and I'm back in a Neon, and it's impossible to enjoy with the lousy weather lately, temps back up in the 80s.

Twosome: Top-- Top of the world? What's the highest point you've ever been? No, the airliner doesn't count, I'm talking about standing somewhere . Have you made it to the roof? ...the Eiffel Tower? Mt. McKinley? How high is high for you?

I've been through the Eisenhower Tunnel in the Rockies twice. That's at an average of 11,112 feet.

Threesome: Desk-- Hey, what type of setup do you have for your computer work? Are you working from a laptop while sitting on the couch? ...or maybe you have a high tech workstation/hutch combo with mood lighting and soothing music? No? How about the kitchen table? Where do you post and work from?

I have an old Sauder computer desk that is pretty battered by now. I think it's about 12 years old. It has a monitor shelf on one side and an open space with a closed cupboard on the right. I keep software in the cupboard and the CDs in the open space, and on top are lined all my HTML/WordPerfect/graphics programs books. James has a nice high-tech desk he got from Office Max, a small corner unit. It looks pretty spiffy compared to the old adjustable table he had.