Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, October 14, 2004
Thursday Threesome

::Kitchen Gadget Store::

Onesome: Kitchen- What's your favorite room in your place? Do you migrate towards the kitchen, or prefer to cozy up in the living room?

Two different answers: the room we're mostly in is the den: comfy sofa, home theatre system, computers, and that's where Pidge lives. However, my favorite room in the house is the old living room, which is now our library. There are seven tall bookcases and my stereo system (no television allowed; it's our quiet room), and a big fieldstone fireplace, and the room is decorated in an autumn motif year round. James is the one who presides over the kitchen; he's the cook in the family, not me. He isn't quite Emeril, but he can concoct the most delicious low-carb meals--and even get me to eat vegetables with it. Last week we had boneless pork chops with a wonderful apple garnish. Yum!

Twosome: Gadget- What's your favorite gadget type item and why?

My PDA. It keeps my addresses and phone numbers, my gift list, my grocery list, my list of upcoming DVD releases, my upcoming book list, and my reminder alarms, plus I can read e-books on it, play .mp3s, keep a photo album, and play games. And with the modem I can get online when we're traveling, surf the web, read e-mail, and even get on chat. [Waves to Rodney, Mike, Daniel, Emma, and Rita!]

Threesome: Store- What's your favorite store, even if you never actually buy anything there?

Borders. :-) (Although I think Fry's has it in a tie.)