Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, October 27, 2004
Stupid Microslop Products
This is so frustrating. I'm stuck with IE and Microslop Word, which are supposed to be so great.

Today I surfed by the domain to see how the new pages I uploaded look on a larger monitor. Surprise, although I know I uploaded the new pages because I tested them on my browser at home last night and because I looked up the versions in the website console, I'm not getting the updated versions here. I can reload, and reload, and reload until my face turns blue and the old page still comes up. This used to happen all the time before, but on the computer they replaced, I had a Netscape browser as well. When IE pulled this trick on the old unit, I would go into Netscape, pull up the old version of the page, reload it, get the new page, then go back into IE and reload and the new page would come up. I still don't understand this, since Netscape and IE have two different caches for visited web pages, but "priming" the IE page with Netscape first always worked.

As for Word, I've gone into "Options" every day this week to unclick "Always create backup copy." It lasts through the day, but when I get in next morning, there it is, like a witch's curse coming back to haunt me. How do I get the frapping thing to shut off for good?