Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, October 30, 2004
"Sam, You Made the Line Too Long..."
I didn't go vote after work yesterday after all. I came prepared: a thick book, a camp stool, two brownies and a granola bar. But when I got there the car was sucking on fumes (since I'd had to drive down there yesterday and fetch James, who had locked his keys in his car) and there wasn't a parking space anywhere, the sun was coming out (I'm not supposed to be out in the sun with my meds), and I was dog tired. It's been so warm I haven't had a good night's sleep for over a week. Instead I went home and slept for two hours.

(In retrospect, I may have a "bug"--I got sick on dinner last night and was dizzy this morning even after eating and had come home after breakfast to get more sleep--or there may be something else wrong. If there is such thing as post-traumatic stress syndrome after a car accident, I think I have it. I've been extremely nervous lately, any little thing going wrong makes me tear up, food isn't sitting well, and I have feelings of impending doom. I used to get this way every month--but I don't have that problem any longer.)

So we'll try it again on Tuesday. I'm thinking about going to the poll early--we're only about a mile from the polling place. I'll see how many people are there when I get there 40 minutes early and then decide.