Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, October 17, 2004
Nicely Vetted
I'm glad we went out to play miniature golf yesterday; it's gotten warm again and will be in the high seventies and even up to 80°F all week. Had to go into the shed to put the new rake away and was surrounded by mosquitoes. I think I know one of the reasons; as I was shutting the gate I got a peek into the next door neighbor's yard. She has a big container out there full of scummy water; it's probably breeding mosquitoes. She can't care for her yard any longer because she had a stroke earlier in the year.

This new rake is rather cool. It's an interchangeable system by a company called Wolfgarten. You buy a handle and then the "business part" clips on. We got a rake head to go with the five foot handle, and also a narrower rake head; you can also get a garden rake, brush, hoe, weeder, etc.. You can even get a tree lopper for use with an extensible handle. We were looking for the extensible handle and drove all the way up to the Lowe's in Acworth which we were told had them in stock. Turned out someone had inventoried the wooden handle as the extensible handle. And they won't have any more in until they get their spring stock. How odd! Don't they sell rakes in the fall because of the leaves?

Had a treat tonight: found a used copy of season three of All Creatures Great and Small at Media Play yesterday. I had forgotten how much I loved this series when it was shown on PBS many years ago. I do have a copy of the Christmas episode on tape because it's so enjoyable. I'm hoping to get copies of the first two seasons; the other four seasons are good, but lack the sparkle of the first three seasons. I also thought the series lost something when Lynda Bellingham took over the role of Helen.