Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, October 18, 2004
Monday Madness

1. I have reformatted my hard drive about 0 times. -- this computer, right now, no; we did reformat the previous hard drive.

2. I usually reformat my hard drive about 0 times a year. -- not if I don't have to.

3. When I'm working in a document, I save about every ten minutes. -- sometimes more; since I almost lost a story I was working on for five months several years ago, I'm paranoid.

4. I've upgraded my computer by adding new processor and 20GB hard drive. -- it's still pretty slow; James talks about getting me a new processor and motherboard; but then I have to get new memory and a new video card, too, dammit.

5. I've got about a gazillion CD's/floppies with info on them and about 10 of them aren't labeled. -- they at least have something scribbled on the CD!

6. Since I've been using my computer, I find the easiest way to organize my files is to place them on partitioned hard drives in appropriate folders. (Looking for suggestions!!)

7. I have um...are we counting just mine or ours? Just mine...eight, I think... email accounts.

8. Whenever I have a computer-related question, I usually call James--he's the one with the A+ cert!

9. I usually use a search engine when looking for everything!

10. My computer is about six years maybe? old. -- I'm too busy using it to remember!