Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, October 08, 2004
The Friday Five

1. What is something that you used to believe, but are glad you don't believe anymore?

That there can be such thing as an honest politician. (Eddie Beard, we hardly knew ye.)

2. Is there something you wish you still believed? What?

That there can be such thing as an honest politician.

3. What experience or person taught you the most about life?

My mother. She had a tough life. Her early years were spent in a coal-mining camp. My grandmother had "coal-dust lungs" and Mom had to quit school in 11th grade to take care of her. She nor my dad never had a lot of money, and they both had to work in factories all their lives, but they got a lot of fun out of life and she taught me to appreciate what we had. She gave me my love of books and dogs, cats and budgies--and even took me to my first science-fiction convention.

4. What area of life would you like to know or understand more about?

Area? I dunno. I've gotten along on little money and gotten along on enough money, experienced life in different parts of the country, coped with disaster and coped with good times. I do wish I knew why "bad things happen to good people." My mom never hurt anyone in her life; she doesn't deserve cancer eating at her head and face. My cousin Anna and her husband Anthony are the two hardest working people I ever met--now she's debilitated with cancer and he has Parkinson's disease.

5. What is your most valuable lesson about life so far?

Don't fall in love with someone who doesn't love you in return.