Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, October 08, 2004
Closet Project Part 2
It's "part 2" without "part 1" being in sight because James started it yesterday. He worked last Saturday so this Thursday was his weekday off. He had his annual doctor's checkup for the diabetes, swapped some tales at the hobby shop, then came home to do what I'd asked him, remove his clothes from the closet, which we are going to paint and then install a Closet Butler organizer (I asked him to sort out any he didn't want; he missed that part, but oh, well, it can be done on the "restock" of the closet anyway--I have two bags out, one for clothes and items good enough to donate to Goodwill, another for trash). He said what the heck, removed all my things, too, and pulled out the rod and the shelf and the supports for them. Viola! (as Snagglepuss used to say) empty closet.

In the last two hours I've vacuumed out the closet, vacuumed down the walls, spackled the holes the supports were in. I tried to pick up the spackle bits on the floor, but they were smearing on the #$#@$!$! carpet in there (I hate carpet), so I left it. They have ethelyne glycol in them, so must be vacuumed up carefully.

I also did the fall clean on the ceiling fan. I keep it dusted with a fan duster through the year, but it's no use. Our room is always dusty because of James' C-PAP. Machine. I could theoretically leave the spare room without dusting for six months and you wouldn't find nearly the amount of dust in there after that time as our room accumulates in one week. Apparently there's something in the C-PAP that attracts dust.

So the fan blades are now vacuumed and polished with Endust in a futile gesture to keep the dust from building up, and I did the semi-annual good dusting of the stuffed animals as well. Again, these get dusted regularly but you'd never know it. After two or three days they already have a fine coating of dust on them. (And yes, we have an air filter in the room! We're just not using it right now while the windows are open.)

I seem to have accumulated Beanie Babies--I have about a dozen. I don't "collect" or "swap" or "trade" them (you know, that's how E-Bay was started; a woman wanted somewhere to trade her Beanie Babies--who knew?). I wanted a couple, the collie of course because of Lassie, and the crab because of the unusual patterning and also because I'm from the shore, but there was this sale at the restaurant in Helen one year, and I accumulated a few more. I also have the two stuffed Lassies, one from the New Lassie series, and the other one that came out in the 1990s when the new movie did, a Dodger and Figaro from Disney World, a small Tramp, a fox named Michael after Michael Keating (Vila on Blake's 7), and a lamb that my friend Ann always calls "Linda Lambzi" as a play on my maiden name.

Anyway, I'm burning daylight--I'm off to Petco at Town Center to see if they have any of the tiny toys Pidge likes left. And I have Michael's coupons.

Might start painting when I get back, but have to leave for the doctor at three so I might not have time.

Ta...