Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, September 24, 2004
Thursday Threesome

Late...oh, you know the drill.

::Crockpot Marmalade Chicken::

Onesome: Crockpot-- Hey, Winter is just around the corner! Does that mean crockpot meals for you? ...and how about the students: When you get home for the holidays will Mom have had something simmering all day?

Occasionally James does something in the crockpot, but generally we eat the same thing in the summer as we do in the winter. A pork roast does taste nice in the crockpot, though.

Twosome: Marmalade-- Chunk style or creamy? Do you even do jams, jellies and peanut butters with bits and pieces in them? ...or is that something you like have stocked on the shelves?

Um, James is the one that does marmalade, not me. I don't like spreads with stuff in them. I like seedless blackberry preserves the best. We had a nice cinnamon apple jelly at one of the craft shows, though, but didn't buy it.

Threesome: Chicken-- pot pies? Do you love 'em or hate 'em? Simple, -eh? ...and if you love 'em, where do you find good ones? ...or is that even possible ?

People make chicken pot pies? Gosh, I thought you got them from the supermarket. :-) I'm stuck with Swanson or Banquet most of the time, turkey or chicken. I used to love a brand they sold in New England, Willow Tree. I don't know if it's made any more. It had all white meat chicken, which I didn't particularly like (I'm a dark meat fan), but it didn't have any vegetables in it, which I loved. I don't mind the carrots in pot pie, but I hate those damn mushy nasty-tasting green peas. Ugh.

Kentucky Fried Chicken has (had?) what looked like a lovely pot pie, with nice thick flaky crust. But I was soooo disappointed when I bit into it: they had apparently garnished it with about half a gallon of pepper. I thought my tongue was going to blaze up, char and fall off.