Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, September 16, 2004
Thursday Threesome

::Girl Scout Cookies::

Onesome: Girl- Girls' (or boys') Night Out- Do you ever just feel the need to drop everything and go hang out with your pals? What do you all do when you go out? Something "wild" like partying at the bar, or something as "mild" as just hanging out at a coffee shop and discussing the latest books you've read? Or do you head over to a pal's house to watch the big game?

We do that every Saturday night: we go play trivia at Rockford's American Grill with some friends. We used to have a club meeting once a month, way back, the Phoenix Science Fiction Society, but everyone drifted eventually because of family commitments. Still miss it. Never partied at a bar--think it's stupid. I don't understand why people have to get drunk to have fun. We can have a great time not drinking at all, or maybe one or two of the guys just having one beer.

(I never could stand beer. How on earth can you drink something that smells that bad?)

Twosome: Scout- Were you ever a scout as a kid? Which branch? Did you join willingly or was it something you did because everyone else was or your parents thought it would be "good for you?"

I wanted to join the Girl Scouts but my allergist said I wouldn't be able to go on the campouts because of my allergies. What was the use of joining Girl Scouts if you couldn't go to camp?

Threesome: Cookies- What's your favorite kind of cookie? What's the strangest cookie you've ever had or heard of but been too afraid to try? And do you buy Girl Scout cookies? Which ones?

The chocolate cream filled Oreos. Haven't had one in a long time. Trying to lose weight and failing miserably because at work I'm always starved. I'm not hungry when I'm at home.

We quit buying GS cookies when James was diagnosed diabetic. I always liked the chocolate covered peanut butter patties and the peanut butter sandwich cookies. James likes the trefoils (ugh...shortbread) and thin mints. (Thin mints are good for me, too.)