Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, September 21, 2004
Back to Tatooine
James figured to cheer me up, so we went out to Williamson for barbecue. If I figured staying home one day would do it, I wasn't counting on my out-of-shape flab. After five minutes of jouncing in the truck, I'd had quite enough of driving for the evening. I kept forgetting not to lean my head back. No matter how carefully James drove, there was always something that bumped those sore bumps at the back of my skull against the back of the seat. (What are those bumps back there called, anyway?)

We did go by CompUSA, from which copies of the Star Wars trilogy were conspicuously missing. Not to matter. We picked up their ad flyer and went to Best Buy, which matches price. So we spent the rest of the evening watching the Rebel Alliance defeat the Death Star. The soundtrack is really impressive now. Pidge had to sing at the top of his little birdie lungs to try and overwhelm it.