Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, August 19, 2004
Well, That's Interesting
I noticed the other day that I had something different at the top of my blog. I thought it was just when I was logged in, but no, James sees it when he goes to my blog as well.

Instead of the blogspot ad on top, I have a toolbar. First there's the blogger logo, which is linked back to the main page. Then I have a search block, in which I can search within that blog. Next to it is the "Blog This!" link.

To the right there are two buttons, "Get Your Own Blog," and then the most intriguing of all, a button that says "Next Blog." If I press it, it goes to a random blog, just as if I were on a web ring. And the next blog also has this toolbar, so I can just keep surfing from blog to blog. If I use the back button on...let's call it Blog A...it goes back to the previous blog I surfed, but if I press "Next Blog" again, I don't go back to Blog A, but a totally new blog.

Has anyone else out there got this bar? I'm hosted on Blogspot, not on my own site. But other friends I know who are hosted on Blogspot still have the ad. Anyone know why I have the bar? I'm curious!