Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, August 17, 2004
Tuesday Twosome

Back To School.....
(What you prefer now or preferred when you were in school)

1. Cafeteria or sack lunch:


Sack lunch. The cafeteria always had icky stuff like meat loaf and chicken ala king.

2. CliffsNotes or read the book:

Read the book, although in the case of a few of them (like Joyce Carol Oates' Wonderland) I wish I had read the Cliffsnotes instead. (I settled for throwing Wonderland up against a wall.)

3. Uniforms or wear whatever you want:

I was the crazy one. I would have loved uniforms. Then no one could have made fun of what you were wearing and I wouldn't have had to wear miniskirts. Ugh!

4. Math or Science:

Science if I can have something like geology or what we called in eighth grade "earth science." That was my favorite science class; we made contour maps, studied fossils, learned about climates and weather, etc. Chemistry--ugh. Biology--double ugh. (Especially having to dissect the worm and watching frogs getting trepanned. Shudder.)

5. Homework or detention:

Homework. (Of course, where I went, you had to do your homework in detention. The kids who went to detention didn't think there was much of a difference!)