Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, August 12, 2004
Thursday Threesome

From Dictionary.com's Word of the Day for August 12, 2004:

Flaneur \flah-NUR\, noun:


Onesome: One who strolls- How do you primarily get from place to place? Do you walk locally and only drive for distances? Ride your bike around campus or the neighborhood? Or hop in the car to run errands?

Technically we could walk to the grocery store or the Dollar Store, but we don't. I don't walk anywhere in the summer I don't have to. The sun gives me a headache and the air is too thick to breathe.

Twosome: about aimlessly; When you have time, do you like to do things outdoors like hike or take long walks? Do you wander rather aimlessly or do you have a destination in mind and the sooner you get there the better?

I'd rather have a destination in mind unless it's somewhere nice like in the woods. I always wonder if I could wander around the grounds of the Atlanta History Center without buying a ticket to get into the museum. They have some lovely grounds.

Threesome: a lounger; a loafer. Or do you prefer to spend your spare time relaxing, lounging on the couch with a good book or a TV program? Or, since the football season is upon us again, do you plop down in the recliner and cheer on your favorite team?

I'm afraid I do prefer the book or the tube. It's not good for me.