Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, August 09, 2004
A Few Things Found While Surfing for Other Things
I love hyperlinks:

What's Cooking America page on chocolate

Galveston Hurricane of 1900 (I'm reading Isaac's Storm right now, so this is particularly interesting)

Lisa's Country Clipart

For fans of 1776: Biography of Stephen Hopkins, written in 1841

1895 map of Rhode Island (check out the Providence inset map: lower-left corner, the oval labeled "Narragansett Trotting Track"--in the 1920s this became a car race track, then was sold as plats for housing and was known as the "Speedway" section of Cranston...my parents built their house on the edge of this area in 1951)