Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, July 29, 2004
Thursday Threesome

::Knit One, Purl Too::

Onesome- Knit one: Do you have a crafty hobby? Knitting, stitching, scrapbooking or model building, whatever it is, tell us about it! Or is there a crafty hobby you'd like to take up if had the time and/or money to do so?

Yes, I cross-stitch. I'm doing some chickadees for a welcome sign right now. On occasion I do glass painting or craft painting--I still have a little storage shelf that needs to be painted for the hall bathroom. I tried scrapbooking but got bored with it.

As for things I'd like to take up, I like to build things of wood, mostly bookcases, and I might do more of that if I had a workbench type area. We do have a sort of workbench, but it's in the shed, which is filled with boxes of models, gardening tools, and bugs.

Twosome- Purl: Or rather, pearl. What's your birthstone? And while you're at it, what's your sign? *g*

Man, you make it sound like a singles bar. :-) My birthstone, depending on which version of the list you read, is either a turquoise or a zircon. It had better be a blue zircon or I don't want it.

As for signs, "Stop" is a good one. Oh, you mean astrological sign. :-) Sagittarius.

Threesome- Too: Too much? Have you had enough of the political coverage already? ...or are you waiting for things to really gear up in the Fall?

One word out of the mouth of a politician is already too much. They lie instinctively, the way Willow chases cats.