Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, July 06, 2004
Monday Madness (a day late since I thought yesterday was Sunday)

1. I usually clean my house on weekends; when else is there time?, or about every ____ days.

Spot checks when needed.

2. My favorite Sunday night program to watch on television is
???.

There's TV shows worth watching on Sunday night? We're usually reading, at the computer, or have a DVD on. Of course I do have to make a note of Sunday television starting this Sunday: there's a new Jim Chee/Joe Leaphorn Mystery! on the 11th, and then a British World War II-based mystery called Foyle's War that I just found out about recently starting the week after.

Any more Hetty Wainthropp coming up? she asked hopefully.

3. Monday morning I usually waking up thinking, "Oh, Lord, not again."

4. To wind down at the end of a busy day, I like to read, including my favorite newsgroup, alt.recovery.clutter.

5. I try not to call anyone on the phone until after 10 a.m.

6. And I NEVER call anyone after 10p.m..

7. When I don't have to get up to go to work or school, I sleep in until Oh, ten, eleven....

It's really relative because if we don't have to get up the next day, we don't go to bed until two and three in the morning. So we just get the normal eight-hour sleep which I certainly don't get during the week.

8. I have six telephones in my house.

Yep...one in the den, kitchen, living room and each bedroom. Or are you counting the cell phones, too? Then there are eight.

9. I usually answer the phone on the ??? ring.

The answering machine picks up the phone. When I know it's safe, then I answer it, or I end up talking to one of those little root weevils (a.k.a. telemarketers). And even worse, this year--politicians. Aieeeeee! Keep away, keep away, unclean, unclean!

10. When I know I should be sleeping, but am having a hard time falling asleep, I usually Just lie there anyway.

At least it's dark and my eyes don't hurt.