Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, July 04, 2004
Independence Day Traditions
One broken this year.

Maybe it was silly, but it just happened one time and kept going. During 1776 one year when Bandit was young, I perched him on my finger during "He Plays the Violin" and "danced" with him. He would give me a puzzled look during these gyrations, but hung on with good humor. Sometimes I would even put my forefinger under one of his feet and we would "clasp hands." It was something I looked forward to.

Needless to say I was a bit tearful during the song this year.