Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, June 22, 2004
Tuesday Twosome

When on vacation, I prefer:

1. "Flying by plane" or "Riding in a car"


If I have the time, car by far. :-) Flying is a pain in the butt these days. Besides, if we take the car, we can take stuff we couldn't take on the plane--not to mention not having to board the doggie.

2. "Staying with friends/relatives" or "Hotel, hotel, hotel"

Friends or family if we can, since our budget should be in the three-figure range.

On the other hand, we've become quite enamoured of the Drury Inn...they have a great breakfast. And recliners, Willow asks me to remind you. :-)

3. "Packaged tour" or "Plan it on my own"

Depends on the place. Did a couple of packaged bus tours once. They were fun. But, of course, you have to be willing to stay on a schedule.

4. "I want to get as far away from home as possible" or "Not more than a day drive away"

When I say I want to get "out of town" I mean it!

5. "A week or more is a true vacation" or "I want to be home within a week"

Honey, if I had as much time as I wanted...let's put it this way, as a child I would always cry on the last day of vacation.