Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, June 29, 2004
Tuesday Twosome

Independence Day - USA

1. Are you celebrating the Fourth of July or treating it like any other Sunday?


We're going to a cookout. The problem is...which one. :-)

2. What top two things do you do to celebrate the Fourth of July?

We only have one thing now: we watch 1776. We used to watch the Boston Pops concert coverage on A&E. Last year the coverage got sold to a different station and also CBS. Instead of the Pops, they concentrated on stupid Leeann Rimes singing and their fireworks coverage stank. (Let me clue you, guys: when we watch a fireworks exhibition, we don't want to see shots of the crowd.)

3. What two things best describes this day for you?

Relaxation and pride in my country, if not always in my leaders.

4. Are you going to light fireworks and/or watch a fireworks display?

Possibly, but usually the parking's a bear.

5. What two things do you most look forward to about this day?

The thought of freedom for myself and my family.

And more selfishly, freedom from a day away from work. :-)