Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, June 17, 2004
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Things that go- What's the strangest contraption you've ever had to use to get from point A to point B?

Darn. I don't think I've ever been lucky enough to ride on any "strange contraptions." I've ridden in planes, cars, bicycles, pickup trucks, trains, and buses. Perhaps it was the old trolley cars at the Shore Line Trolley Museum last year. Unlike other trolley museums, this one was built on a once-extant trolley line and you can still take the trolley to get to a small beach to picnic and swim rather than the trolley just being a "ride." But it wasn't really "strange," either--just like a nice big wooden bus with woven seats. It was pretty comfy for something people used to commute to work in!

Twosome: Bump- Have you ever hurt yourself doing something you weren't supposed to be doing?

I probably shouldn't have been learning to roller skate in my thirties. I simply could not keep my balance, ended up with big dinner-plate size bruises on my backside and my arms got swollen from having caught myself on my hands so many times. It turned out later that I had a hairline fracture of my left elbow from catching myself like that.

Threesome: In the night- Do you believe in things that go bump in the night or anything supernatural?

I think there's something out there that I don't understand, but I'm not sure if it's ghosties or ghoulies or what. Most "unexplained things" are actually tricks, but there are some baffling occurrences that don't get explained. So I suppose I do, but not in a blanket way.