Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, June 24, 2004
Thursday Threesome

::Capricious: Governed or characterized by impulse or whim, lacking rational basis or likely to change suddenly::

Onesome: Characterized by impulse--Do you you consider yourself impulsive or do you tend to think everything through before you make a move?

Depends on the "thing." I like to think I look over important things before I do them, such as buying something that costs a great deal of money, like a piece of electronics or a car. We did look around before we bought the HDTV and found the best value for what we could afford. On the other hand, my car was an impulse buy--but I knew I was going to need a new car because of an increased commute and knew what I wanted, and visiting the Carmax lot in August instead of in the fall tossed one right in my lap.

Books tend to be more impulse buys.

Twosome: lacking rational basis--If you are impulsive, do you rationalize and justify your actions? Like, since that item you bought on a whim was on sale, you really saved money by buying it?

Most of the time, no. Again, the car was like that; they made me a good deal a couple of months before I'd intended to buy one. Mostly I just look at the store receipts afterwards and sigh that I've spent too much money that weekend.

Threesome: or likely to change suddenly-- When you make up your mind, does it stay made up or do you tend to change your mind at the last minute? ...or do you waffle back and forth until you're forced to decide?

LOL. Again, this depends on what it is. James tends to look at me and say "All right, Charlie Brown..." when I waffle. I do usually wake up the next morning after I've made an expensive purchase (even though it was necessary) depressed and moaning "Oh, God, what have I done?"