Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, June 12, 2004
That's Mine, Please...
I haven't had all that much experience with dogs, but James has. Even to him, Willow is a hoot sometimes.

He says he's never seen a dog with such a sense of "mine." Yesterday, for instance, I bathed her. I took her collar and choke chain off and laid it on the shelf we use for magazines in the bathroom. After the bath I toweled her dry and she air-dried.

Finally it was time for James to come home and I went back upstairs. Willow followed me up. She nosed at her collar, then looked at me. Nosed the collar, wagged her tail.

"Willow, do you want your collar back?" Frantic wag.

She does the same thing when I wash the bedding in her crate. She's frantic when I take it away and runs possessively inside when I put it back. For a small dog she has a big sense of what is hers!