Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, May 17, 2004
Sleepless in...Certainly Not Seattle
I feel shellshocked. I had about 2 hours of sleep last night--maybe. Without a blanket I was too hot. Without a sheet or with a sheet I was too cold. The attic fan sounds like a Mack truck and it's right outside our bedroom door, and the little fan that is in our window is nearly as noisy, even on low. If the air conditioning doesn't get fixed, I will go mad. Once it gets over 60° at night, it's too hot to sleep upstairs without it--unless the rackety fans are going.

I also forgot my badge, which means every time I have to go to the bathroom--and that's often these days--I have to borrow someone else's to get out the door to it. I wish I could just curl up somewhere and sleep. I deliberately did not take any naps last week so I would make sure I could sleep at night. But I don't seem to be able to get comfortable enough due to the heat and am just getting shorter and shorter on sleep. I didn't even sleep late over the weekend.