Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, May 03, 2004
Monday Madness

1. Do you collect anything?

Bound (mostly) issues of St. Nicholas magazine, a children's periodical which was published from 1873 to 1940. I have all but a couple of issues and one of the bound volumes that I want. (I don't want the ones after the Century Company sold out to another publisher in 1931; I have one 1935 issue which is pretty peruile compared to the old ones.) I also have many old children's books that I loved when I was a child, from the school library, etc.

I also have five Pocket Dragons, about a dozen Beanie Babies, and about a dozen collie statues/stuffed collies, but I don't see them as "must have" collections.

:-) Do my "Winter Solstice" and Rupert Holmes albums count?

2. How many items do you have in your collection?

Wow. I haven't counted the St. Nicholases. The first five or six years are single volumes. Then after that it's every six months. They fill up an entire five shelf bookcase, plus the top shelf.

3. What is the most unusual piece in your collection?

Unusual I don't know, but the first volume of St. Nicholas is from 1873. Pretty old if nothing else.

and one more for good measure...

4. Is there anything you don't collect that you would like to collect?


Maybe old Wide Awake and Our Young Folks, which eventually merged into St. Nicholas