Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, April 15, 2004
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Insomnia-- Ever have it? Some do and some don't, but have you ever been hounded awake for that endless hour after hour with no hope of sleep? ...or does the very act of touching head to pillow put you out for the count?

Yes, and it's usually on a work night. I can sleep fine on the weekend.

Twosome: the cure-- Hey, if you do have the occasional bout or chronic insomnia, what do you do about it? Work? Read? Try cures? Hmmm... Did you ever find one that worked?

You're supposed to get up and do something, but I don't usually, because I want to keep my eyes closed. They usually hurt from being under fluorescent lights all day. So I just lie there until I do fall asleep.

Threesome: for sleep-- Female/male, young/not so young, we all need varying amounts of sleep. What's your personal sleep cycle? Five hours? Ten hours? ...and if you had a choice, what would be your personal sleep cycle? ...and yes, "All day long" is a valid answer. :-)

I would love to sleep eight hours, or even seven, but six is more like what I get during a work week. My big problem is I have to get up too early; being a night person, getting up at six loses me my two best hours of sleep between six and eight in the morning. I would love to go to bed at one a.m. and get up at nine.