Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, April 22, 2004
Thursday Threesome

A geek-- Hey, who handles tech support at your place? You? ...the six year old? ...or someone from outside? ...and how about in your web space? No, we're not looking for techs; we're just curious.

That would be my A+ hubby, the inestimable James, who unfortunately has lost a fight with Win2000 versus his system board. I know he's supposed to be getting to know it better, but as far as I'm concerned Win98 does what I want and who cares about the rest? I can watch Lassie on streaming video, download radio shows from Usenet, make web pages, and look up how bad traffic is. What else do I need?

in the-- computer? Just a curiosity for the designer types: what Operating System are you running? ...and which browser? Since sites can show up differently in different browsers it's more than a casual question.

Windows 98 and unashamed of it. All I can tell Win2000 and WinXP do is give you some 3-D fancier graphics. Honey, if I want good graphics, I'll watch television. I don't care if my icons look like multicolor lollipops and the skins on WinAmp and Mozilla glisten.

Family-- Do any family members read your place? Do they care? Do they have a clue? ...and how about your 'off line' friends? ...or do you supply a little bit of separation there?

I do have family members who are online, but I have no idea if they ever read my blogs or site. They never write. Richard? Christopher? Richard? Deanna? Chad? Anyone? Send me a line, okay? Dying to hear from you.