Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, April 14, 2004
The Outside World
I went out today!

Originally it was just a walk down the driveway to the mailbox and back. Then James said he was going to Lowe's to look for parts for his new compressor. I asked if I might go; he could drop me off at Border's next door. I am supposed to walk around a little each day and it's really boring making circles in the den. I also was looking for a copy of a recent New Yorker which apparently had something about Madeleine L'Engle in it.

It figured: they didn't have a copy. By the time I find it, if it wasn't already too late, the new issue will be out. I did get a copy of Earlene Fowler's Sunshine and Shadow, just out in paperback and had a nice ten-minute stroll between the magazines and the mysteries in the meantime.

I also determined that the new debit card I got in the mail is for the new account by driving by the bank and asking for a balance, so I finally "have" money again. Cool. I've got tax software rebates that need to go in.

It was such a nice day I wished I hadn't gotten tired out so soon! It didn't even get into the sixties and there was a nice brisk breeze blowing. By Friday it will be in the 70s and icky again. I even sat in the car and started it--it hadn't been started in a week--and sat inside, enjoying the breeze and the birdsong. James said we had about nine birds gobbling at the feeder at one point.