Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, April 02, 2004
More Hospital Stuff
I did a pre-surgical phone interview this morning. Basically they ask you...well, the basics: what prescription drugs you take, weight, height, allergies, general health, past ops, health problems, all that.

Then they tell you what's going to happen when you get to the hospital and then after the surgery. Yes, they do expect me to stand up and walk within six hours after the procedure. Oy veh. Lots of deep breathing and coughing so you don't get "pooh-monia" as my mom's friend Pat once said. Leg movements so you don't get blood clots.

And boy, she floored me when she said that from now to the surgery I can only take Tylenol for any pain. No aspirin, Aleve, or ibuprofin which might thin my blood. (Wait, weren't they worried about blood clots? Balancing a fine line, I see.) Ordinarily I wouldn't kick too much, but my sinus headaches won't go away with Tylenol, and I spent a lovely three hours writhing on the couch tonight because I wasn't allowed Aleve for my cramps.

(Yes, It has struck yet one last time to torment me. For 37 long years I've been threatening to get even.

I wasn't thinking of so radical a movement, however...)