Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, April 20, 2004
Medical Updates
The visiting nurse came again today--unless something changes she is planning to discharge me on Thursday. One part of my incision was a bit irritated last week and James has been treating it religiously for me--because I can't see it--at least twice a day with alcohol (to dry the area) and Neosporin. She says all she sees now is a small red spot. So three cheers for my unofficial nurse!--yea, James!

Oh, the before-insurance-payment hospital bill showed up the other day. If Kaiser is running true to form I'll be getting more of these as Kaiser's payments trickle in; nine months from now I expect the usual collection agency call for part of the bill. I'll try not to lose my temper this time; Kaiser is terribly slow paying their bills and Northside ain't exactly swuft about submitting them on time, either; my problem with the collection agency last year stemmed from Northside never having submitted a bill to Kaiser for James' MRI in July 2002.

My total: $13,206.85. Zounds. If I sold my body to science I doubt if it would rustle up a tenth of that total!

(On the other hand, it means a lot to me!)