Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, April 27, 2004
I'll Take Fantasy
We were upstairs last night trying to get James' new computer in some semblance of shape and didn't come back down until it was almost time for the news. So I just popped the television on and left it on NBC; after all, you can stand anything for fifteen minutes, right?

What was on was the most mind-bogglingly boring thing I'd ever seen, some new reality show called The Restaurant. I kept checking the wall clock for the entire fifteen minutes. Some guy named Rocco was never around and some waitress was getting reprimanded for not following someone around--maybe it was Rocco. Then at the end some guy who needed to shave had an argument with another guy. One of them was Rocco; I never figured out which.

I guess someone is watching these fool things, judging by news reports, ratings, and the conversation on rec.arts.tv that actually goes on between the slimy racial bigotry posts, but I can't imagine why.