Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, April 09, 2004
Gadzooks, I'm Being Sprung!
Had an unsettled night last night. They had taken me off my Atenolol--for tachycardia--because my blood pressure was so low on the first night after surgery. They thought it was still low last nght, so did not adminster again.

I woke about midnight with what the doctor later called "tachycardia flashback"; you have to be weaned off Atenolol, not removed from it quickly. My heart was not realy racing, but was going fast, about 93 beats per minute, and pounding hard. If I turned my head sideways, I could hear the blood hissing through my veins.

So I had to call the nurse and get my usual dose.

Anyway, the doctor walked in this morning, removed the dressing (I do indeed have a nice "zipper," but not as far up as I expected; she went around the belly button). It was stuck to hair; pulling the tape off hurt worse than the incision does!

Then said I could go home after lunch. Cool. The nurses and doctors at Northside are super. The beds should be shot for cruelty to patients. After two days' stay here I'm now a candidate for back surgery.

Oh, the doctor brought a picture of the thing. It looks like a brain model from an old 50s horror movie. I'll have James scan it when we get home and I'll link it here. You may peruse at your own risk. :-)